If you are thinking about purchasing a garage heating unit, you may be looking to choose between electric garage heaters and propane garage heaters. Each has their advantages, but here are some of the reasons you may want to go with an electric garage heater:
- Electric garage heaters are more efficient. With an electric garage heater, 100% of the electricity is converted into heat, while with a propane garage heater it is less than 80% efficient.
- Electric garage heaters are easy to install. With an electric heater you can just plug it in (or in some cases have it professionally wired in) and you will not have to worry about pipes, tanks, and fittings to make it work.
- You don’t have to worry about gas build-up. With any kind of gas, you will always need to worry about leaks and proper venting. With an electric garage heater you will never have to be concerned about these things.
- No tanks to refill. Propane tanks will have to be regularly refilled. If you are a busy person and looking to make your life as easy as possible, than an electric garage heater is probably the best for you.
- They are easy to find, and there is a wide selection available. Just a quick search online will demonstrate how many different models to choose from, and the variety of features they have. Most models have a wide array of built-in safety features as well (such as automatic shut-off switches if the unit gets to hot).
As you can see, there are some compelling reasons to choose an electric garage heater over a propane heater!